Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Don't Turn Into Salt

When I was young, I always thought the saying "laughter is the best medicine" was a cliche. As I get older, I realize it truly is the best healing tool. Which leads me to our Roku.

My husband and I decided that we didn't want to pay $50+ every month for Dish Network. I would say Eric is making the greatest sacrifice with not being able to watch the Super Bowel in the comfort of our home. But, I would argue missing every. single. episode. of Love it or List it is rival to that. Yes, HGTV is  was my favorite channel.  

Overall, I am very happy with our decision. Which brings me to last night. 

The Mormon Channel has a ...ahem..channel on the Roku. I was browsing the videos and came upon this one: New Year's: Look not Behind Thee. The short clip interviews people in a diner and asks them if they remember the story of Lot's wife. 

My favorite reply was...."He had a lot of land, right? So, that's where they came up with the name parking lot." 

No, no Mr. chef man that is not how the term parking lot was determined. 


Well, to sum up the bible story Lot and his family, after being prisoners in the most wicked towns of Sodom  & Gomorrah (doesn't it just sound scary!?), flee and are warned not to look behind them. Well, Lot's wife looked back and poof...she became a pillar of salt. 

What can I learn from this? Lot's wife didn't realize that future held much better opportunities than the past. I realize that when we focus on our past and turn are heads, just slightly, we are jeopardizing our happiness. We don't know what God has in store in the next day, year, or five years. What we do know is that He is knows all things. 

 "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."

If maybe Lot's wife would have looked forward with just the desire to hope for the future she may have witnessed blessings she never dreamed imaginable. 

Do you (C) THE JOY?
I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment