Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Zipper Recall


It was a Wednesday that felt like a Monday. Oh, and it was only 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time. Who decided that we would split the country up in time zones? I want to have a talk with him or her. Back to the topic at hand. -----> Wednesday.

Now, it's noon and I was going to grab a quick lunch. Well, my pants had a different idea in mind. I looked down and pop.

POP!

My zipper was broken. What did I do? I laughedI just started laughing. 

My second thought was probably what 70% of the female population would think. Am I gaining weight? Well, I decided that wasn't going to "weigh" me down. (punpun) Luckily, I had a little extra cash and decided to go treat myself to TJ Maxx. It was closer than home, right? 

I walked into the store holding my purse over my wide open "barn door" and found some new pants. By the way: Hiding an open zipper is a lot easier than I thought it would be. 

I'm happy to report that I found some dark blue Express skinny pants for $19.99 (originally $38). My Wednesday afternoon could have gone a lot worse, but I decided to (C) THE JOY.

The best part of the afternoon wasn't my new pants or the fact that I got a steal of a deal. It was that my initial reaction was to laugh at my not-so-perfect afternoon.

Oh, and now you all know I wear size 8. 

Can you (C) THE JOY?
I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment